Hi guys! Sorry I haven’t been posting for a while… I have been really busy with getting new product for Christmas out for Chica Fresca. Anyway, I wanted to give some ideas on DIY Christmas presents!
So the first idea is a hot chocolate mug.
You will need:
Clear glass or plastic mug
A marker that will write on glass or plastic (optional)
Clear nail polish (optional)
Hot chocolate mix (Williams Sonoma brand is good)
Melting chocolate or chocolate chips
Clear plastic (or plastic wrap)
White copy paper
Let’s Get Started!
1. So the first step is to take your marker, and write the person’s name on the outside of the cup, if you chose to do this. When the marker dries, go over it in clear nail polish to seal it in for a few washes.
2. Now the fun part! Take your plastic or plastic wrap, measure and cut it to about 6×6, and put it over a small bowl. Then look on the box of the hot chocolate mix to see how much chocolate for one cup. Then put that amount in the middle of the outstretched plastic. Fold it up at the top, the tie with a ribbon.
3. Do the same thing as step 2, except with marshmallows. You can put as many or as little as you want in each little packet.
4. Melt your chocolate for about one minute in your microwave. If you don’t have a microwave, just put it on the stove for a minute. When the chocolate is all melted, sorta smear it all over the bottom of the candy cane. Then sprinkle on your sprinkles. Put this in the fridge to harden.
5. Snowflake time! Cut your white printing paper into a small circle. Then cut a snowflake! The snowflakes can be as big or as small as you want depending on what will fit in your mug.
6. Time to package. Put your dried candy cane in first. Put your hot chocolate and marshmallows at the bottom of the mug next. Then, put your snowflakes on the inside, sorta stuck the the sides. Stick your candy in last if you want.
So that is how to make a super cute hot chocolate mix mug! I will be posting more ideas later in separate posts because it will get too long to put them all in one. If you are really confused, here is the link to the video on Youtube: Hot Chocolate!!
Thanks for reading! To be continued…